General Knowledge and General Studies
|Part A – History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition, and Heritage of Rajasthan |
- Major landmarks in the History of Rajasthan from Prehistoric time to close of 18th Century, Important dynasties, their administrative and revenue system.
- Salient events of the 19th & 20th centuries: Peasant & Tribal Movements. Political Awakening, Freedom Movement, and Integration.
- Heritage of Rajasthan: Performing & fine Art, Handicraft and Architecture; Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dance
- Important works of Rajasthani Literature and Dialects of Rajasthan.
- Saints, Lok Devtas and eminent personalities of Rajasthan
Part B – Indian History & Culture of Indian heritage:
- Fine Art, Performing Art, Architecture & Literature from Indus Civilization to British Era.
- Religious Movements and religious philosophy in Ancient and Medieval India.
- History of Modern India from the beginning of 19th Century to 1965 AD: Significant events, personalities, and issues.
- Indian National Movement- Its various stages & streams, important contributors and contributions from different parts of the country.
- Socio-religious Reform Movements in the 19th and 20th Century.
- Post Independence consolidation and reorganization – Accession of princely states & Linguistic reorganization of the states.
Part C – History of Modern World (up to 1950AD)
- Renaissance and Reformation.
- Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution.
- Imperialism and colonialism in Asia and Africa.
- Impact of World Wars.
|Unit II- Economics||Part A- Indian Economy
- Major Sectors of Economy: Agriculture, Industry & Service- Current Status, Issues, and Initiatives.
- Banking: Concept of Money supply & High Powered Money. Role and Functions of Central Bank & Commercial Banks, issues of NPA, Financial Inclusion. Monetary Policy- Concept, objectives & Instruments.
- Public Finance: Tax reforms in India- Direct & Indirect, subsidies- Cash Transfer and other related issues. Recent Fiscal Policy of India.
- Recent Trends in Indian Economy: Role of Foreign Capital, MNCs, PDS, FDI, Exim Policy, 12th Finance Commission, Poverty alleviation schemes.
Part B- World Economy Global Economic issues and trends:
- Role of World Bank, IMF & WTO.
- Concept of Developing, Emerging, and Developed countries.
- India in global Scenario.
Part C- Economy of Rajasthan
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy, and Animal husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Industrial Sector- Growth and recent trends. Growth, Development & Planning with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Recent development and issues in the service sector of Rajasthan.
- Major Development Projects of Rajasthan- their objectives and impact.
- Public-Private Partnership Model for Economic Transformation in Rajasthan.
- Demographic Scenario of the State and its impact on Rajasthan Economy
|Unit III- Sociology, Management, Accounting & Auditing||Part A- Sociology |
Development of Sociological Thought in India
- Social Values
- Caste Class & Occupation
- Varna, Ashram, Purusharth and Sanskar Vyavastha
- Secularism Issues and Problems of Society.
- Tribal community of Rajasthan: Bhil, Mina (Meena), and Garasia.
Part B- Management
- Management – Scope, concept, functions of
- Management – Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Direction, Coordination and Control
- Decision-Making: concept, process, and techniques.
- The modern concept of Marketing, Marketing Mix – Product, Price, Place, and Promotion
- Objective, the concept of maximization of wealth, Sources of Finance – Short and Long term, Capital Structure, Cost of Capital
- Concept and Main theories of Leadership and Motivation, Communication, Basics of recruitment, selection, induction, training & development and appraisal system
Part C- Business Administration
- Techniques of analysis of Financial statements, Basics of Working Capital Management, Responsibility and Social Accounting
- Meaning & Objectives of Auditing, Internal Control, Social, Performance, and Efficiency Audit.
- Basics of different types of Budgeting, Budgetary control.
| || |
General Knowledge and General Studies
- Unit I- Logical Reasoning, Mental Ability, and Basic Numeracy
- Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive):
- Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statements and Conclusion, Courses of Action.
- Analytical Reasoning.
- Mental Ability:
- Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes, and their sub-sections.
- Basic Numeracy:
- Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis.
- Number System, Order of Magnitude, Ratio, and Proportion, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart).
|Unit II- General Science & Technology||
- Motion, laws of motion, work energy and power, rotational motion, simple harmonic motion, gravitation, waves.
- Properties of matter, electrostatics, current electricity, moving charge and magnetism.
- Ray optics, Nuclear physics, semiconductor devices
- Electromagnetic waves, communication systems , basics of computers, use of information technology in administration, e-governance and e- commerce, contributions of Indian scientists in the development of science.
- States of matter, Atomic structure, chemical bonding and molecular structure, equilibriums
- Thermodynamics, kinetic theory of gases, solid state, solutions, electro chemistry, Chemical kinetics
- Characteristic feature of life
- Nutrition in organisms
- Principal of inheritance and variation
- Human health and diseases
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Biodiversity and conservation
- Ecosystems Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
|Unit III- Earth Science||
- Ethics and Human Values: Lesson from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers, and administrators. Role of family, society, and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Ethical concept-Rit and Rin, the concept of Duties, the concept of Good and Virtues.
- Ethics in private and public relationships- Behaviour, Moral and Political attitudes of administrators – Philosophical basis of Integrity.
- Ethics of Bhagavad Geeta and its role in Administration.
- Gandhian Ethics.
- Contribution of Moral Thinkers and Philosophers from India & World.
- Psycho-Stress Management.
- Case Studies.
- Emotional Intelligence – Concepts and their Utilities
|Unit III- Earth Science (Geography & Geology)||Part A- World: |
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Lakes and Glaciers.
- Earthquakes and Volcanoes: Types, distribution, and their impact Earth and its Geological time scale.
- Current Geopolitical Problems
Part B- India
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Lakes, and Glaciers.
- Major Physiographic divisions of India.
- Climate- Origin of Monsoon, Seasonal Climatic conditions, Distribution of rainfall and climatic regions,
- Natural Resources:
- Water, Forest, Soil
- Rocks & Mineral: Types and their uses
- Population: Growth, Distribution and Density, Sex-ratio, Literacy, urban and Rural Population.
Part C- Rajasthan
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Rivers, and Lakes.
- Major Physiographic Regions.
- Natural Vegetation and Climate.
- Livestock, Wildlife, and its Conversation.
- Agriculture- Major Crops.
- Mineral Resources:
- Metallic Minerals- Types, distribution, and Industrial uses and conservation.
- Non-Metallic Minerals- Types, distribution, and Industrial uses and their conservation.
- Energy Resources: Conventional and Non-conventional Population and Tribes.
| || |
General Knowledge and a General Studies
- Unit I- Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs
- Indian Constitution
- Ideological Contents:
- Institutional framework- I
- Institutional Framework- II
- Institutional Framework- III
- Political Dynamics
- State Politics of Rajasthan
- Emerging World Order in the post-Cold War era, USA’s hegemony and its resistance, UN and Regional Organizations, International Terrorism, and Environmental issues.
- Foreign Policy of India
- Geo-political and Strategic development in South Asia, South East Asia, and West Asia and their impact on India.
- Current Affairs
|Unit II- Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management||
- Administration and management: Meaning, nature, and significance. Its role in developed & developing societies. Evolution of Public Administration as a discipline, new public administration, Theories of public administration.
- Concepts of power, authority, legitimacy, responsibility, and delegation.
- Principles of organization: Hierarchy, Span of control and unity of command
- Functions of management, Corporate governance, and social responsibility
- New dimensions of public management, management of change.
- Attitude and foundational values of civil services: integrity, impartiality, and non-partisanship, dedication to public service, the relationship between generalists and specialists.
- Legislative & Judicial control over administration: various methods and techniques of legislative & judicial control.
- Administrative setup, administrative culture in Rajasthan: Governor, Chief Minister, Council of Ministers, State Secretariat, and Chief Secretary.
- District administration: organization, the role of District Collector and Superintendent of Police, Sub-divisional, and Tehsil administration.
- Development Administration: Meaning, Scope, and Characteristics.
- State Human Rights Commission, State Election Commission, Lokayukta, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, Public Service Guarantee Act, 2011
|Unit III- Administrative Ethics, Behaviour, and Law||Part A: Administrative Ethics |
- Dimensions of Ethics
- Administrative Ethics
- Ethics in Private and Public Relationships
Part B: Behaviour
- Learning and Motivation
- Meeting Life Changes: Stress
Part C: Law
- Concepts of Law
- Contemporary Legal Issues
- Important Land Laws in Rajasthan
- Crimes against Women and Children
General Hindi and General English
|General English |
Part A: Grammar and Usage
- Correction of Sentences: 10 sentences for correction with errors related to Articles & Determiners
- Tenses & Sequence of Tenses
- Voice- Active & Passive
- Narration- Direct & Indirect
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Phrasal Verbs & Idioms
- One Word Substitute
- Words often Confused or Misused
Part B: Comprehension, Translation, and Precis Writing
- Comprehension of an Unseen Passage (250 Words approximately)
- 05 Questions based on the passage.
- Question No. 05 should preferably be on vocabulary.
- Translation of five sentences from Hindi to English.
- Precis Writing (a short passage of approximately 150-200 words)
Part C- Composition & Letter Writing
- Paragraph Writing- Any 01 paragraph out of 03 given topics (approximately 200 words)
- Elaboration of a given theme (Any 1 out of 3, approximately 150 words)
- Letter Writing or Report Writing (approximately 150 words)
|General Hindi|| |
| || |